Dear customer, you have been expected!
A C# .NET Developer at your service.
I started programming computers at the age of 13 in BASIC, later in the Z80 assembler. Transitioning from these languages to C, C++, JAVA and finally to C#, I am here today at your service: a programmer with many years of experience.
What I can do
- Development in C# and the .NET Framework
- SQL-type databases (MySQL, SQLite)
- Java / Android development (limited knowledge)
- C/C++ (limited knowledge)
Please find my commercial as well as hobby projects below.
Bohemicus is my commercial project, developed in C# / Android Java, especially for translators and writers to help them to work more effectively. For more in-depth info, please check: https://bohemicus-software.cz
Main technologies used in this project:
- C# + Win32 routines for the main code
- Android Java for the Android supplementary application (speech-to-text functionality)
- 32feet.NET for the Bluetooth functionality
- SQLite3 database engine for the translation memories, joblist, settings, and sales records
- PHP + MySQL for the web activation routines, customer records
- PayPal integration
- CefSharp – an embedded webbrowser for C#, used for online dictionary search, and help texts
- Google Translation API, DeepL, MyMemory, ModernMT machine translation engines
- WordPress to design and maintain the Bohemicus website
Challenges faced during this project:
- Thread synchronization (especially difficult in the beginning – synchronization between clipboard and the SendInput routine to control other applications)
- Clipboard functionality,
- SendKeys/SendInput to control other applications from Bohemicus (dictionaries, CAT tools, etc.), please see separate article here: https://bohemicus-software.cz/2021/05/10/bohemicus-vs-online-cat-tools-why-it-isnt-always-smooth-sailing/
- Ensuring compatibility with international keyboards
Please watch the spoken presentation of Bohemicus below:
This is a project I created to learn the C# language. It’s a Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator. This version is for C# and the .NET framework. Emulates the good old 8bit computer. There is no sound support.
Tetris 3D (C#)
This is the famous Tetris game, now featured in 3D. I created this project in order to understand programming with C# and the OpenGL graphics library.
A simple game popular in the Czech Republic. Find two identical cards! Designed for 2 players and made as an exercise in C# programming at the University of South Bohemia.
Computer Vision – visual recognition of static hand gestures (C++ and the OpenCV library)
This is a relatively simple project that uses a web camera to detect user’s hand gestures and show a description of what kind of gesture the user made. Part of my university Bachelor’s thesis.
A simple sound tracker in JAVA to compose music. An exercise in JAVA/MIDI programming.
Textik (x86 assembler)
An exercise in x86 assembler programming. A simple text editor to edit text files.
Slovnik (x86 assembler)
This is a dictionary project created in x86 assembler. Made as an exercise in assembler programming.